I’m at a conference this weekend, so I’m going to make this short and sweet.
The 7 elements I think are essential in any great romance story.
- a heroine with backbone that I can imagine myself being
- a hero I can fall n love despite foibles and flaws
- a villain/protagonist who isn’t a characature
- a plot that is plausible with conflict that is real not contrived
- a setting that is real
- an HEA ( duh!)
- secondary characters that are more than just walk-ons and that enrich, contribute to, and foster the h/h’s journey to love
Check out the other authors in this hop to see some of their favorite “7 things” Seven Saturday