This is one of my favorite topics so far from the L&SR Weekly blogging challenge: My favorite quotes from books.
In no particular order:
1. BOOK: New York to Dallas, JD Robb, 2011
In a scene close to the last page of the book, Lt. Eve Dallas is being treated for multiple wounds she received from a serial killer. She is high on the pain killers and speaking to the doctor attending her. (Roarke is her husband).
Eve: “Is my faced messed up? I hate when that happens. Not like I’m pretty or anything, but–”
“You’re the most beautiful woman ever born,” Roarke said from the doorway, and Eve sent him a woozy, drugged smile.
2. BOOK: Peter Pan, JM Barre “For to have faith is to have wings.”
3. BOOK: LITTLE WOMEN, Louisa May Alcott “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my own ship.”
4. BOOK: TWILIGHT, Stephanie Meyer Edward tells Bella: “You are my life now.”
5. THE GODFATHER, Mario Puzo. “Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.”
6. THE GODFATHER, Mario Puzo “A fish rots from the head down.”
Let’s see what some of the other authors in this challenge have to say; L&SR
And don’t forget: DIRTY DAMSELS is available now on KU and here:
from a book reviewer: “Best romance I’ve read this year, hands down.” I glow every time I read that!