Recently on Facebook, I’ve seen several posts about people who have been challenged by friends and family to list 10 books that changed their lives. No one has challenged me, but I think this is a great blog topic, so here goes.
The 10 books that have had a profound impact on me during my life are – in no particular order:
1. The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper. Best book about self actualization ever written.
2. The Wizard of Oz ( Dorothy’ Adventures in Oz) by Frank L Baum. Because there really is no place like home.
3. Irish Thoroughbred by Nora Roberts. First Nora I ever read. This story and this writer gave me my love of romantic fiction.
4. Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss. First romance with actual sex in it I ever read. Quite an education, in addition to being a great story.
5. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey. Helped me focus on the goals I wanted to attain during my lifetime.
6. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. In my opinion, the most perfect book ever written.
7. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. As a child raised in the 1960’s and 70’s, this book brought home the meaning of racial inequality like no other to me.
8. The Oxford American Dictionary. Hello! It’s filled with WORDS!! Fabulous words!!
9. The Bible. This one needs no explanation.
10. Become a Better You by Joel Osteen. This book really did help make me a better person.
So, what are the books that have influenced you?