Recently on Facebook, I’ve seen several posts about people who have been challenged by friends and family to list 10 books that changed their lives. No one has challenged me, but I think this is a great blog topic, so here goes.
The 10 books that have had a profound impact on me during my life are – in no particular order:
1. The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper. Best book about self actualization ever written.
2. The Wizard of Oz ( Dorothy’ Adventures in Oz) by Frank L Baum. Because there really is no place like home.
3. Irish Thoroughbred by Nora Roberts. First Nora I ever read. This story and this writer gave me my love of romantic fiction.
4. Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss. First romance with actual sex in it I ever read. Quite an education, in addition to being a great story.
5. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey. Helped me focus on the goals I wanted to attain during my lifetime.
6. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. In my opinion, the most perfect book ever written.
7. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. As a child raised in the 1960’s and 70’s, this book brought home the meaning of racial inequality like no other to me.
8. The Oxford American Dictionary. Hello! It’s filled with WORDS!! Fabulous words!!
9. The Bible. This one needs no explanation.
10. Become a Better You by Joel Osteen. This book really did help make me a better person.
So, what are the books that have influenced you?
4 responses to “The 10 Book Challenge”
I loved this challenge and seeing the books that stuck with different people. I’ll be blogging about my 10 picks too. I almost added the dictionary to mine, but it seemed so obvious!
Haahaahaa. Obvious to me, but not everyone else. I liked reading about all the picks people had. Some of the books I’d never heard of but will make an attempt to read now.
1. Matilda- Roald Dahl first book I fell in love with as a child.
2. Alice In Wonderland- Lewis Carroll I’m very adventurous like Alice reminded me a lot of myself.
3. 50 Shades of Grey- E L James firs erotic romance I ever read and now I’m hooked!
4. Same Kind of Different as Me- Ron Hall & Denver Moore very heart touching reminded me to always help others.
5. Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte love the fact that it shows you only have one true love.
6. Afterburn/Aftershock-Sylvia Day shows there is that one person for you and reminded me of my husband in ways.
7. Harry Potter Series- J K Rowling took me to magical place every time I turned the page.
8. The Fault In Our Stars- John Green that cancer sucks and there is no way to sugar coat it and just be blunt with it and live.
9. Hunger Games Series- Suzanne Collins love the lead female I’m very head strong and it shows you how crazy things could be.
10. Frankenstein- Mary Shelley made me realize nothing you imagine is crazy it’s just genius!
I haven’t been reading long so some of mine are newer but I’ve finally fallen in love with reading and I can’t wait to see where else it takes me!
Keeli- these are some fab choices!!! Love that you love Frankenstien!