Today’s prompt, THINGS I WISH I WERE BETTER AT, could have turned into a 1000 page tome. There is so much I’m just okay at, and wish I were better. I’ve narrowed the field down to just a few for space sake – and my ego’s sake, too!
- Singing. In my youth and up until my 20’s I sang. I was classically trained and had a first soprano voice that even I can say was strong and good. But since my late twenties, when I developed vocal cord polyps, my voice is much weaker and has progressively gotten worse each year until now I sound like I’ve had a night on the town smoking and drinking whiskey. A herd of hungry cats sounds better than I do when I now attempt to reach those notes I used to reach so effortlessly.
- Sewing. When my daughter was little I used to make all her Halloween costumes. On her third birthday she had a Disney themed birthday and I made her a BELLE costume ( complete yellow gown) and a Minnie Mouse costume for me.I’ve made all the window treatments in my home and I used to sew pillows as gifts. Alas, the past twenty years have seen dust gather on my sewing machine and I fear if I now attempted to sew something my lack of skills would be apparent.
- Keeping my mouth shut. this one is self explanatory.
- Not being so judgmental. Like #3, this is self explanatory and something I really need to work on so I can be better~
- Writing. I know I have a little talent here ( 2o books and counting doesn’t lie) but I’d really like to be much better at the craft.
That’s enough for me, because truthfully, I could go on and on.
Let’s see what some of the other authors in this challenge could improve upon, here L&SR
Until next time, peeps ~ Peg