This year I’m starting something new because I think it’s time to start counting my blessings and being more positive. 2020 kicked my ass into the negativity ring in many ways and I want to reconfigure my mind set.
Every Tuesday I’m going to be be putting something in my GOOD THING JAR and announcing it here on the blog. At the end of 2021 – no matter what happens this year – I’ll empty the jar and reflect on all the positive things that happened during the year instead of dwelling on the negative.
Here’s my jar:
Today, I’m putting in this: I finished book 2 in A PRIDE OF BROTHERS!
The reason this is such a good thing is because I have been struggling to finish this story for a while. I kept getting pulled away from it and finally – finally – I devoted all of December to just writing it and no other writing projects.
Would you like to share one good thing that happened to you this week? I’m here to cheer you on!!!!
So I let 2020 get to me in regards to my writing goals. My usual 1.5-2 k words per day dropped significantly and I found myself watching streaming services much more than my brain ( and behind) liked. I’m buckling down on my 2021 writing goals and tightening up the publishing schedule so that I stay focused and DEDICATED to my career this year.
I have several projects in the works or planning stages right now that I’d like to get done/published this year.
- A PRIDE OF BROTHERS: AIDEN (book2)is finished, I just need to make sure all is perfect before I send it to my editor (90K words)
- A PRIDE OF BROTHERS: DYLAN (book 3) is plotted and I will start that soon (90k words)
- HIS UPTOWN GIRL is book 4 in the Uptown girl series ( previously called DotComGirls). It’s plotted and needs to be written (75-80k words)
- SANTA BABY is a prequel to the CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS II series and is a novella. I need to plot and write that (10k words)
- FIXING CHRISTMAS is the next book in the CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS II series and is plotted, needs to be written (55-60k words)
- HEAVEN’S MATCHMAKER ( new series, 4 books ) is plotted. I hope to start the first book this year for publication in 2022.
So, in order to meet all those word counts, I need to set a daily goal of 3.5- 5 words, 5 days a week ( on the weekends I do blogging stuff).
Keep your fingers crossed for me. I’ve got every available opposable body part crossed!
Until next time, peeps. I’ve gotta get writing! ~Peg
My two monthly extra blogs posts happen to converge on he same day today!
Come check them out.
First, on the ROMANCE GEMS I’m talking about post-thanksgiving gratitude.
Then, over on ROMANCING THE GENRES, about the Dickens Holiday anthology.
Thanks, as always, for your support.