No it isn’t a lonely western town between Devil’s Head and Snake Canyon! It’s my word of 2020. The one that is going to take me to new levels in my career and my personal life.
2019’s word was FOCUS and I did just that for the entire year. I wrote 4 books, blogged 5-6 times a week, and sold more books than I had for any previous year. Can I support myself yet, financially? No. But it’s coming and it’s certainly a closer concept than it was in 2018.
This year I’m taking that focus that I honed so well in my writing career and adding to my personal life and mixing in a huge does of PERSISTENCE.
persistence | pərˈsistəns | noun
firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition; • the continued or prolonged existence of something: the persistence of huge environmental problems.
I LOVE this definition. OBSTINATE continuance in a course of action IN SPITE OF difficulty or opposition. That definition could have been hand written by the gods of words for me! Hee Hee.
In case you missed it earlier in the week, these are my goals for 2020:
- Write a minimum of 1000 words before I start my actual day – what this means is that while I’m still in jammies, I write. Once 1000 words is achieved I get to get dressed, and do the adulting things I need to – like gym, laundry, etc. When they are done, I can write more.
- Finish 3-4 complete manuscripts in 2020; self-pub one of them. A lofty goal.
- Gym 6-7 times per week. No excuses. I’ve got a wedding I need to be camera ready for in May 2020.
- Eat better, and by better I mean, cut out the crap!! All of it.
- Double my book sales this year through organic exposure. More about this in 2020 blogs!
It’s going to take a great deal of PERSISTENCE to do those things, so, once again, I think this is the perfect word for me to live my life by in 2020!
Until next time ~ Peg