I’m stealing this idea from an author friend ( Don’t look, Marianne Rice!) and giving you the things I’m looking forward to during the month of October.
- The trees turning colors. If you know me, you know this is one of my favorite things to happen all year. I even wrote a blog post about my love of watching the colors change in New England for the Romance Gems.
- The Fall in love with New England Writers and Readers Conference on October 18-19 in Nashua, NH. Read all about it here: FILNE and don’t forget the book signing which is open to the romance reading public for free on Saturday, October 19 from 2-5 pm.
- The Annual Keene Pumpkin Festival. For several years, my little town of Keene, NH held the Guinness World Record for the number of jack-0-lanterns lit at one time!!! We’re trying to regain our title, so come and join us on October 12 at the Monadnock Pumpkin Festival Check out this fabulous photo taken by Keene’s own Dr. Jeffrey Newcomber:
- Halloween candy. ‘Nuff said on that one!
- Apple picking. Every year for the past 25, Hubby and I ( and darling daughter when she lived at home) go apple picking in a local orchard. For days after my house would smell delectable with the scent of cooking apples for apple sauce and pie crust for apple pies. Mmmmmm.
SO that’s it for me. October is a great month here in the Northeast. Lot’s to do. Lots’ to take advantage of. Maybe you need a road trip here??!!
Until next time ~ peg