I almost skipped writing this blog entry this week. My comfort food recipes are like children to me: how can I choose my favorite?? Especially since each one serves to comfort in a different way, for different emotional needs??
There was really only one way to do it and that was to throw a mental dart at the ones that people request I make the most. I narrowed it down to three, then threw that dart. This is the absolute fav: CHOCOLATE TRIFLE.
I find it very TELLING that my favorite comfort food is a dessert. But that’s a topic for another blog, so…..
Looks good, doesn’t it? It is, trust me.
So here’s the easy recipe:
You’ll need: chocolate cake, 2 tubs of Cool Whip, instant chocolate pudding and a Cadbury Chocolate/Orange ball ( Or a Hershey’s chocolate bar – your choice)
For the cake you will need:
- 2 cups granulated sugar, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cold regular milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
To make the cake:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease and flour 2 9 inch round baking tins
- After sifting the dry ingredients mix the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder and the salt into a mixer.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, then the milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- This is a weird step, but once the ingredients are mixed, slowly mix in the boiling water. The batter will become very thin. This is okay.
- Halve the mixture and pour each half into the 2 baking rounds. Then, bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean and flakey.
- Let the cake cook completely for about 3-4 hours. Then, slice the cake in half, length-wise to form 2 identical round discs.
Tweet Me//Read Me// Visit Me//Picture Me//Pin Me//Friend Me// Triber// BookMe // Monkey me //Watch me
Here’s the link to my TELL ME ABOUT YOUR DAMN BOOK podcast interview, just in case you missed it: TMAYDB
and the link to my recent interview on NewHampshirePublicRadio
And I can’t forget the OKRWA 2018 Award video