This is by far my favorite blog post of the year!! Authors I wish more people knew about.
Yes, some of these names are my friends! What good is having a friend who writes great books if you don’t promote her work to others? Some names are of writers I’ve discovered ( who were already famous) but were new-to-me and who I absolutely adore. The publishing indusctry can be cut throat as can any industry, but since the romance industry is so heavily weighed on the FEMALE side of the genetic table, it behooves all of us who write romance to support and lift one another up. As a friend of mine is fond of saying, “if we don’t lift one another up, men are gonna walk all over us.” She’s not wrong.
So, in no real order, just how they jumped into my head, here’s a list of some of the writers I feel more people should read:
- Lauren Layne. From the very first book of Lauren’s I picked up 3 years ago I was hooked. She’s one of my one-click authors and her writing style is so easy and wonderful to read, that I typically finish her books in a day.
- Kari Lemor. Yes, Kari is a personal friend of mine, but from the first book I read of her Love on The Line series, I was a fan! She introduced me to Romantic Suspense Lite – and I’ve never looked back!
- Donna Simonetta. Donna is a Wild Rose Press sistah, and her writing is filled with emotion, laughter, and humor! Her River’s Bend books are emotional and thought provoking, as is all her work.
- Roni Loren. I discovered Roni on Netgalley when I requested one of her Ones Who Got Away books. I was hooked from the first page!
- Catherine Bybee. Another Netgalley find for me with her First Wives Club books. I actually had the opportunity to take a class on social media from her at an RWA conference and she is as engaging, charming, and sharp-witted as her heroines are.
- Katie O’Sullivan Again, I first met Katie as a WRP sistah, and was hooked from the very first time I read her words. Her Cape Cod Dating rules all feature people I want to be friends with in real life!!! Her writing style just jumps of the page! Engaging, witty, and emotional are just some of the words I can use to describe her work.
And that’s just SOME of the writers I wish more people knew about!!! Let’s see what the other bloggers in this hop think this week: L&SR
Don’t forget, my new release IT’S A TRUST THING drops on 11.1.19
You can preorder it here so on 11.1. you’ll have it!
Looking for me? I’m usually here:
Until next time ~ Peg