January 2, 2021 · 5:45 am
So I let 2020 get to me in regards to my writing goals. My usual 1.5-2 k words per day dropped significantly and I found myself watching streaming services much more than my brain ( and behind) liked. I’m buckling down on my 2021 writing goals and tightening up the publishing schedule so that I stay focused and DEDICATED to my career this year.
I have several projects in the works or planning stages right now that I’d like to get done/published this year.
- A PRIDE OF BROTHERS: AIDEN (book2)is finished, I just need to make sure all is perfect before I send it to my editor (90K words)
- A PRIDE OF BROTHERS: DYLAN (book 3) is plotted and I will start that soon (90k words)
- HIS UPTOWN GIRL is book 4 in the Uptown girl series ( previously called DotComGirls). It’s plotted and needs to be written (75-80k words)
- SANTA BABY is a prequel to the CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS II series and is a novella. I need to plot and write that (10k words)
- FIXING CHRISTMAS is the next book in the CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS II series and is plotted, needs to be written (55-60k words)
- HEAVEN’S MATCHMAKER ( new series, 4 books ) is plotted. I hope to start the first book this year for publication in 2022.
So, in order to meet all those word counts, I need to set a daily goal of 3.5- 5 words, 5 days a week ( on the weekends I do blogging stuff).
Keep your fingers crossed for me. I’ve got every available opposable body part crossed!
Until next time, peeps. I’ve gotta get writing! ~Peg
January 1, 2020 · 12:01 am
Seems appropriate that I title this one a look ahead when the last blog was about looking back.
I’m nothing if not consistent, peeps. Hee hee
I’ve got some career goals for 2020 that I want to accomplish, in addition to some personal ones that need doing, as well.
1.Write a minimum of 1000 words before I start my actual day – what this means is that while I’m still in jammies, I write. Once 1000 words is achieved I get to get dressed, and do the adulting things I need to – like gym, laundry, etc. When they are done, I can write more.
- Finish 3-4 complete manuscripts in 2020; self-pub one of them. A lofty goal.
- Gym 6-7 times per week. No excuses. I’ve got a wedding I need to be camera ready for in May 2020.
- Eat better, and by better I mean, cut out the crap!! All of it.
- Double my book sales this year through organic exposure. More about this in 2020 blogs!
These seem more doable than last year’s goals, only 2 of which ( out of 7 ) I managed to keep. That’s a horrible track record and i hope this year is sosos much better for me.
Some of the amazing things coming for me in 2020 include:
- My daughter’s wedding in May
- My 60th birthday (also in May!)
- I have just signed on to write another monthly blog for a blogging group called ROMANCING THE GENRES. That makes 2 blogs, in addition to my own, that I can get exposure to the masses. Not too shabby, eh?? Heehee
- My 33rd wedding anniversary.
I’m sure more wonderful stuff will come down the pike for me, especially if I stay positive, focused, and keep my eyes forward and not dwell on the negatives.
I think that’s a good start, don’t you. We’ll see how far they get, which ones drop off by the wayside, and which ones become habits-for-life.
The happiest of New Years, peeps. ~Peg