I think as writers we’ve all thought about today’s prompt at least once in our lives: What I’d want on a deserted island? Answers will run the gamut, I’m sure, on this one. Here’s what I’d need/want/have to have if I was going to survive in the middle of the ocean on an island that had no Target, CVS, or grocery store.
- toilet paper. Reams of it. I’m not using a leaf. No how. No way.
- My skin care regimen. I go nowhere – even on a simple overnight trip – without Retina A, Strivectin, eye cream, 110SPF Sun block and my Jergens’ lotion.
- a hat. Several in fact. With all that skin care I’m not taking any chances of getting more freckles, wrinkles, or a resurgence in my skin cancer.
- a tent with a bed and linens, pillows, a rug ( because no way am I putting my bare foot on dirt where a bug can crawl over it) a lamp with a loooooooong life battery and a watercooler with a never ending supply of fresh water.
- a bathroom. And not one of those organic compost ones. A real one. With flushing water.
After skimming through this list I can see I had better never be stranded on a deserted island. I would last an hour, tops.
Let’s see what some of the other writers in this challenge would need ( and i bet their answers are way better than my selfish ones!) L&SR
Until next time ~ Peg